Thursday thoughts #5

October 27, 2016

The other day I realized that I haven't written a Thursday thoughts post since the end of February, which feels like a lifetime ago. I was in a completely different place back then. I felt like I had just hit rock bottom; hit it really hard; head first. It was not a great time. I don't think I ever really acknowledged it: a break-up definitely is anything but a walk in the park. I felt like bawling my eyes out on some days, and so I did. But I also managed to fake a smile, and I told myself everything was going to be alright. And I just kept on pretending. Until everything was alright.

And here I am now. Time has passed and things have changed. I have changed. I got a tattoo (which I actually never mentioned in a blogpost before), and I got a much needed hair cut. I started exercising regularly, and I started taking pictures again. I gained a tiny little bit of muscle, and I gained a good amount of confidence. I still have bad days though, like everybody does, and sometimes I still wonder, a bit anxiously maybe, where life will take me. But I've come to the conclusion that the things in this world really do happen for a reason, whether it all makes sense to me or not.

Most things don't make sense to me right now, actually. How it came about that a complete stranger just walked into my life, out of nowhere, and became kind of a big part of it already. I had just gotten used to living on my own and waking up alone, I wasn't even looking for anything. Especially not for a (not so) long distance relationship. But we've been spending the weekends together, exploring, going on adventures, taking photos, and it's been wonderful. And we've constantly been adding things to our ever-growing to do list. If we ever get around to crossing half of the things off that list and I then again get around to sharing half of that on here, there should be quite a lot of new and exciting posts coming in the (near) future.

You Might Also Like

0 comment/s