a postcard from Normandy, France | travel diary

September 13, 2015



I know I said Strasbourg was beautiful, and well, it certainly was, but dang, Normandy was just incredibly stunning on a whole nother level! While spending hours upon hours editing hundreds of photos and video clips, I realized just how perfect this trip was. Not only did we get to explore this gorgeous part of France and make amazing memories, but being away from home for a while also took my mind off all the things I was worrying about, which was exactly what I had needed after such a stressful year. 

I must admit I didn't really know what to expect when I booked our apartment in Honfleur and at the time, I didn't even care. I just wanted to get away and spend a week by the sea, roam unfamiliar streets and take amazing pictures, and that's exactly what we did. By we I mean Lorenz - my boyfriend - and me, by the way. (Even though I've posted about him on Instagram before and shared loads of photos on my Flickr, I never really mentioned his name anywhere and he also hasn't made an appearance in one of my posts or videos before, I don't think. And it's kind of hard for me to believe that this was already our fourth summer vacation together!)

Believe me when I tell you I could go on and on about how awesome this trip was and tell you all the little details, but I don't think anybody would actually want to read that. And in my opinion, pictures say far more than a thousand words anyway. (I will link you to my video here and at the end of the post in case you also want to know what we did each day or prefer moving images and actual spoken words though.)

Honfleur







Le Mont-Saint-Michel



Étretat
























You Might Also Like

8 comment/s

  1. OMG, was ein Erlebnis. Bezaubernd schöne Gegend <3

    Love Minnja - minnja.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja, die landschaft ist wirklich wunderschön! und danke für deinen kommentar! :)

      Delete
  2. Erstmal muss ich sagen, dass mir dein neues Blogdesign sehr gut gefällt!
    Und die Bilder sind wirklich traumhaft :)
    Immer wieder schön, wenn du Bilder postest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die Normandie ist aber auch wirklich traumhaft! Ich war letztes Jahr ein paar Tage da, auch bei Saint Michel und es war super genial! :3 Ach und danke für deinen lieben Kommentar! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ui, wo genau warst du denn noch so? ich war wirklich erstaunt, weil ich nicht erwartet hatte, dass die landschaft wirklich so schön ist! :)

      Delete
  4. Was für ein tolles Fleckchen Erde. :) Besonders Etretat sieht ja Hammer aus!

    Liebe Grüße,
    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das sieht nach wirklich toller Landschaft aus.
    Gerade die Küstenregion gefällt mir total.

    http://www.blog.christinepolz.com

    ReplyDelete